PESTICIDES ATTRACTING REDUCED REQUIREMENTS
These requirements apply only to adjuvants, pheromones and parasitoids.
The following types of pesticides will attract reduced requirements for registration:
- Any product or substance that is manufactured, represented, sold or used as a means of directly or indirectly attracting or repelling any pest.
- This includes any compound or substance that enhances or modifies or is intended to enhance or modify the physical or chemical characteristic of a pesticide to which it is added.
For such pesticides the active ingredient must have a toxicity level classified above the World Health Organisation (WHO) Class III category.
The requirements for registration of these pesticides include:
- A completed application form (Form 1)
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Label (6 copies) (not photocopies).
- Name and Address of the manufacturer
- Complete statement of composition
- Chemical and Physical properties of the active ingredient.
- Package sizes to be imported
- A statement specifying:
- The crops/pests to be covered. State common and scientific names where possible.
- The application rates (dosage), the re-entry and pre-harvest periods where applicable.
- Whether the crops will be exported and the destination. State whether tolerance and/or MRL`s exist for these export crops. State whether there are tolerance/MRL`s for targeted crop or for other crops.
- Persistence of the pesticide in/on the targeted crops.
- The prescribed application fee of ten thousand Jamaican dollars ($10,000.00) made payable to the Pesticides Control Authority.
The Pesticides Control Authority reserves the right to request additional information.
|PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF A PESTICIDE|
Application Form 1 to be completed by Registrant|
Applicant should be a Jamaican National or a company registered in Jamaica.
Application submitted to Registrar`s office and checked for completion|
Only completed applications will be accepted.
returned to registrant
Upon acceptance of application, a fee of $10,000 is to be paid to the Ministry of Health cashier on the ground floor of the Oceana Complex.|
Only cash or manager`s cheques will be accepted. Cheques should be made payable to P.C.A. Reciept of payment to be returned to the Registrar`s office.