REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF A LOCALLY MANUFACTURED PESTICIDE
1. Application dossiers are to be bound and submitted in triplicate. These should be correctly indexed for easy reference in the order presented below.
2. Completed application FORM 5 and Checklist to Verify Application Completeness – Licence to Manufacture.
3. A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the pesticide (see application package for a format MSDS)
4. A sample copy of the label and inserts proposed to be used in connection with the product. Labels are to conform to the labelling standards of the Jamaica Bureau of Standards.
5. A detailed method of the manufacturing process
6. A test report from the Bureau of Standards, Jamaica on the percentage of the active ingredient in a recent batch of the product
7. A test report from the Bureau of Standards, Jamaica on the packaging material in which the pesticide will be sold
8. A letter of endorsement in the English language from the manufacturer of the product, respecting its safety, recommended conditions for use and the conditions under which it is recommended for sale
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF AN ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF A LOCALLY MANUFACTURED PESTICIDE
1. A Material Safety Data Sheet which must include detailed literature on the chemistry & composition of the ingredient (including percentages) as well as toxicology, antidotes (together with any references), physical and chemical data, environmental guidelines, storage and handling, first aid measures and precautions to be observed before and after use
2. A certificate of analysis that contains:
a) a report on a recent batch of the active ingredient/product
b) the method of analysis used
3. The name and address of the manufacturer from which the active ingredient will be obtained
4. The name and address of the supplier from which the active ingredient will be obtained
THE PCA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION